No Colegiado: 333306616
Spanish – English – Italian – French
Area of specialization:
RETINA AND VITREO UNIT
Links of interest:
DRA. BEATRIZ FERNÁNDEZ-VEGA SANZ
- Graduate in Medicine and Surgery, Universidad de Oviedo. 1986.
- Specialist in Ophthalmology, University of Catania, Italy. 1993, with thesis specialising in Interferon Alpha-2 treatment of choroidal sub-retinal neovascularization.
- Doctoral and research programme at the Department of Biology and Cellular Morphology at the University of Oviedo: morphological and functional bases of clinical neurology with research proficiency.
- Super specialisation in Retina and Vitreous at the Fernández-Vega Ophthalmologic Institute.
- Member of the Spanish Ophthalmology Society, Italian Ophthalmology Society and Spanish Retina and Vitreous Society.
- She performed care activity at the Monte Naranc Hospital, Oviedo, 1994 and 2003.
- Participated as a research assistant in different multicentre studies:
- Phase III. Posurdex EMD. Research assistant.
- Phase III. Posudex. OVR. Research assistant.
- Phase III. FAME EMD. Research assistant.
- Phase III B. Lucentis. Research assistant.
- Vegf trap. Research assistant.
- DMAE Genomics. Research assistant.
- FOVEA Research assistant.
- IVID. Research assistant.
- Author of works and publications in national and international medical journals (ARVO in 1993, Schepens Ophthalmology Society in 1990, Italian Ophthalmology Society in 1992).
- She currently works as an attending physician at the Retina and Vitreous, Electrophysiology and Visual Rehabilitation Units at the Fernández-Vega Ophthalmologic Institute, participating as a research assistant in the department´s clinical tests.