DR. IGNACIO RODRÍGUEZ UÑA
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from Universidad Complutense de Madrid (2009).
- Bachelor’s Degree from Universidad Complutense de Madrid, with an Outstanding qualification (year 2009/2010).
- Specialist in Ophthalmology. Hospital Clínico San Carlos de Madrid (2014).
- Master in Vision Science Research. Universidad Complutense de Madrid (2012).
- PhD in Medicine (2016), receiving the Extraordinary Doctor Award.
- Completed his training with different fellowships in internationally renowned eye centres: Bascom Palmer Eye Institute in Miami (Florida, USA), Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer (Barcelona), Clínica FOSCAL (Bucaramanga, Colombia) and Clínica Oftalmológica del Caribe (Barranquilla, Colombia).
- Fellow at European Board of Ophthalmology (2014).(2014).
- University Masters in Glaucoma. Universidad de Oviedo – Fundación de Investigación Oftalmológica (2015).
- Fellowship in Glaucoma (2016) in the Unit of Glaucoma at the Ophthalmology Department at Nottingham University Hospital (United Kingdom).
- Author of over 20 publications in field-related scientific journals, several chapters in books, as well as numerous presentations in national and international meetings.
- Has received several research grants and has been awarded several national research awards.
- Is member of the most important national and international Ophthalmology Societies (SEO, SECOIR, SEG, PAAO, AAO).
- Honours collaborator in the training of Medicine Degree students at Universidad de Oviedo since 2014
- Currently works at the Glaucoma Unit at Instituto Oftalmológico Fernández-Vega.