No Collegiate: 330846050
Links of interest:
Dr. Luis Fernández-Vega Cueto-Felgueroso
- Degree in Medicine and Surgery from Universidad Complutense in Madrid. 2009.
- Fellowships in world-renowned Ophthalmology Centres: Manhattan Eye and Ear Infirmary (New York, 2007), Massachusets Eye and Ear Infirmary (Boston, 2008), Centro de Oftalmología Barraquer, (Barcelona, 2010-2014) and Clínica Oftalmológica del Caribe (Barranquilla, 2014).
- Extraordinary Doctorate Award. Doctorate in Health Sciences and Biomedicine from Universidad de Oviedo. Dissertation on keratoconus and intracorneal ring segments. 2016
- Diploma in Refractive Surgery and Cataracts from ESCRS-EBO (European Board of Ophthalmology). 2017
- Fellowship in ocular surface, cornea, crystalline and refractive surgery. Universidad de Oviedo. 2015
- Fellowship in Cornea, Cataracts and Refractive Surgery at Moorfields Eye Hospital NHS Foundation Trust. London. 2017
- Fellowship in Cornea, Cataracts and Refractive Surgery at Bascon Palmer Eye Institute. Universidad de Miami. 2018
- Author of over 40 publications in scientific journals of the specialty, several chapters of different books, as well as numerous presentations in both national and international conferences.
- Awarded the prestigious international Peter Barry Fellowship Award of the European Society of Cataract and Refractive Surgerons (ESCRS), in 2017 and received important Research Grants, amongst which one can highlight the Fundación Ramón Areces Grant in 2017.
- Member of the most important national and international Ophthalmology Societies. Was President and Co-Founder of the Asociación de Jóvenes Oftalmólogos Españoles (AJOE – Spanish Association of Young Ophthalmologists) depending on the Sociedad Española de Oftalmología (SEO – Spanish Society of Ophthalmology), between 2013 and 2015
- Currently works in the Cornea and Crystalline Department of the Instituto Oftalmológico Fernández-Vega.