DR. JOSÉ F. ALFONSO SÁNCHEZ
- Graduate in Medicine and Surgery, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (1981).
- Doctorate in Medicine and Surgery (Doctoral Thesis viva, 1987).
- Specialist in Ophthalmology (Madrid, 1988).
- Lectureship in Ophthalmology at the University of Oviedo (1991).
- Super specialisation in Cornea and Lens, which is the focus of his current post.
- Author of many books and publications, as well as numerous presentations at national and international conferences.
- He was president of the Spanish Association for Refractive Implant Eye Surgery (SECOIR) and he is member of the most important national and international Ophthalmological Societies.
- Castroviejo Prize 2016
- In addition to being a Lecturer in Ophthalmology at the University of Oviedo, he is currently supervisor of clinical research and Unit Head of Cornea and Lens Surgery at the Fernández-Vega Ophthalmologic Institute.