DR. JAVIER FERNÁNDEZ-VEGA SANZ
- Graduate in Medicine and Surgery, Universidad de Oviedo (1989).
- He completed an internship in Ophthalmology through the MIR programme at the Barraquer Ophthalmology Centre, part of the Autonomous University of Barcelona, obtaining the title of Specialist in Ophthalmology in 1995.
- Super specialisation in Strabology with the best specialists in Spain, in Barcelona and Bilbao.
- Super specialisation in Refractive Laser Surgery at the Fernández-Vega Ophthalmologic Institute.
- In 1997 he took up a Fellowship in Ophthalmic Plastic and Reconstructive Surgery at William Beaumont Hospital, in Royal Oak (Michigan State, USA), under the medical supervision of Dr. Frank A. Nesi.
- He is a member of the most important national and international Ophthalmological Societies, such as the Spanish Ophthalmology Society (SEO), the Spanish Refractive-Implant Ocular Surgery Society (SECOIR), American Academy of Ophthalmology and the Spanish Society of Ocular Plastic and Orbit Surgery (SECPOO).
- He has taken part in numerous presentations at national and international conferences.
- He currently works at the Fernández-Vega Ophthalmologic Institute as Director of the Paediatric Ophthalmology and Oculoplasty units, also undertaking work as a specialist in the Refractive Surgery and Ocular Surface units.